uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, why is the behind page looking weird?
Enchain is a retro-themed FPS that offers open environments and fast action supported by grapple hooking mechanics.
The version above is a very early demo. Full release is currently in development.
Standalone download recommended for best performance.
You've been called upon to rise from the depths and dominate the underworld; however, as you kill the fiends in your path, their souls become chained to your burden, slowing you down and restraining your options. Gain and release souls to prevail.
- WSAD - Move
- Space - Jump
- Mouse - Look
- LMouse - Fire
- RMouse - Grapple
- TAB - View Burden
- Number Keys (1-5) - Release Burden
- -/+ - Mouse Sensitivity
- Escape - Pause
- R - Restart at Checkpoint
Originially developed for Ludum Dare 40 in under 72 hours. Theme: "The more you have, the worse it is"
|Updated||26 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, HTML5|
|Made with||Unity, Blender, Bfxr|
|Tags||16-bit, Fast-Paced, First-Person, FPS, Low-poly, Ludum Dare, Ludum Dare 40, Retro, Singleplayer|
|Average session||A few minutes|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
For some reason I can't play the game. I mean the game loads in browser, I can see the controls, but past that I can't see anything it's black. Is that a part of the game and I'm being a small brain or is it a bug? Thank you for your time.
That isn't supposed to happen, maybe something is going wrong with the browser version. The downloadable version is much more stable!
Can I ask something?
1. will the game be free?
2. when the game has to be finished?
3. i can buy it if you want, i just want it to be free
4. will the style of the game be like these moving photos?
5. sorry for the Questions
- I do not plan to make the game free.
- The game is not close to being finished, but I would give it another year.
- Don't worry, I'm glad you're interested!
- The game "style" is subject to change, but the animated .gif photos represent what I've been working on with the game.
- I don't mind the questions. News has been slow recently but it will pick up again when I've made more progress.
Ok, i will buy it, please dont make it so much expensive
Yo Matthew, I got a few questions as well
1. Can you make the game free under certain conditions (such as allowing it to be free for speedrunners that can beat a certain time),
2. Will the Game still be Browser-Based
3. If not, Can you make a second version for browser?
4. Will you accept community ideas?
5. Are you gonna make an official discord
6. Jif or Gif?
7. How much would the Game cost?
8. Will you make it multiplayer? It would be great to have a game like this that was multiplayer
9. Can you put in easter eggs? Like for example the name of the current World Record speedrunner?
and last (for now) but not least,
10. Can we get a level editor, allowing us players to make our own levels and upload them to a "workshop", or just have a level code to share with friends? it would be super fun.
1. I am not sure yet
2-3. Browser support is not planned
5. I plan to make an official Discord server
7. Not sure yet
8. Multiplayer is not planned (this would make development even slower)
9. Easter Eggs will appear
10. A level editor is not planned but is desired!
Im making a discord for this game, its not the official game discord, but If you like this game please join the discord. Unless there is an officail one
There is no official Discord server yet. I'm flattered you took the time to make one, that's super cool!
wait is ther more options for guns? or is that revolver in testing?
The revolver and all other new content you see on the page are a work-in-progress for the full release of Enchain, so yes the revolver is in testing.
I got stuck a couple times but I had fun.
it needs a zqsd option becus people that have azerty cant play it without
Sorry about that! I will be sure to add better control options for the full release I'm working on.
I made another speedrun but the world record is really awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! because I beat the game in 4 minute's like Omg, please watch the video, Thanks
Hello there, I just wanted to say GG on the WR. However, this video does not provide valid proof, we cannot see the ending. Also, please try a all secret speedrun, i hold wr right now for that
It's because my recording programm is not so much good, that's why he didn't record the ending, Sorry, however, nothing is bad in the speedrun what's your problem?
i have no problem, its just that the speedrun does not show the games ending, so it isnt a full game speedrun. As a result, its not a valid one. you need to see the end game screen for it to count
I will beat u]
I made a speedrun about your game ( its the world record!! ) please watch the video
Wow that's awesome! I've rarely seen anyone use the shortcut on level 0. Congrats on a solid speedrun, and thanks for playing!
this game is so fun please add even more levels!!!
your game is freakin amazing!!!!!!!!!! it looks like duke nukem 3D!!!!
needs sensitivity setting
i really like the grappling and the gun is amazing, there isn't much to do unfortunately. i am using a mac, is there more on the other platforms or something?
I am addicted to this game, I have beaten it many times (lacking in 1 secret on level 2) and it never gets old. once you get a feel for the game, and understand it you can speed through it fast, its fun af CANT WAIT FOR FULL RELEASE! KEEP IT UP MAN X3
what secret u missing? on level 2 (im assuming u mean the last level in game, as its called level 2) are u missing secret 1, 2, or 3?
Please add the ability to invert the mouse Y axis. Push-to-pitch-down is engraved so deeply into my muscle memory that I just can't play the other way.
This is an awesome game! I especially love the fact that the grappling hook is one of the primary mechanics, which isn't seen in many games nowadays.
Wow this is a great game, I'm so lucky to have found this gem on itch.io for free. I made sure and got all the secrets and even did a no death run through all the levels, great job can't wait for a full release, keep up the good work.
(I am fully prepared to pay money for a full release)
Wow, I'm super glad you liked it! Full release is still in the works.
where did you find the last secret on on level 2? I have gone over it all (probably a exaggeration) and cant find it, i found the one by the Green devils, and the one by the one by the blue devil, wheres the third?
(same, iv got my eye out waiting...and wanting)
what is the song called
How are you supposed to beat Level 1? I get to the big ball of light at the end but I touch it and nothing happens. Plz help. Overall though a very cool and fun game to play and runs smooth in browser and downloaded.
It must be a bug I missed, thanks for commenting. I might have changed something last minute that broke that trigger, but you should still be able to move on to Lvl 2 if you haven't. Glad you enjoyed!
The game's mechanics and controls are very neat, it was a fun but short experience, hope to see more stuff like that~!
Could you please add more to the game just for fun? Because I think it's amazing!
fluent controls, nice pixel effect, awesome game!